Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You can do it!

This is what I tell myself so that I get through my exercise time every few days. It all begins with talking myself into wanting to go. I go back and forth for about 15 minutes thinking up all sorts of excuses. Then I remember that none of my clothes fit and it would be a HUGE waste to have to get rid of them just because I was too lazy to exercise. So, I get on my workout gear and head out the door.

First I have to push past the pain. Then comes the fatigue. Finally, if I can make myself go long enough I get to that point where exercise feel pretty good. When I am back at home I feel so good about going and wished I had another 30 minutes to do more. However, mommy duty calls and I feel lucky that I even had the opportunity to go.

I do get frustrated because the results are slow in coming. It seems like after Sarah was born I got back to my old size a little faster. Of course I could be remembering things a little differently than they really happened. Either way it's going to take alot of working out and eating less to get the job done.

I wish I could look at myself through the eyes of my daughter. She says I'm pretty and truly believes it. When I look in the mirror I see all that I think needs improvement. I think I need a different mirror:)

1 comment:

Anjolee said...

I feel you and I'm two months ahead of you...or should I say behind! I am lousy at talking myself into working out. These kids suck out all my energy. You are going to have to kick my butt one day and make me go with you! I really don't like the way I look.